Tuesday, February 15, 2011

That Hamburger and French Fry Thing

Note, this recipe first appeared on my other blog A Seamstress Cat on May 12 of 2010. When I made it, I did not have this blog, but since it has nothing to do with sewing, I figured it would be better off here.

That Hamburger and French Fry Thing

I made up a new recipe last night, and my husband, Zack, really liked it, so I thought I'd better write it down before I forget it. ;-) Like all meals I make up off the fly, I never measure anything. Let me know if this sounds good to you too!

1 lb. hamburger
Chopped onions, (as much as you like, I only used about 1/8 of a cup)
1 chopped garlic clove, (or if you don't have any, a good shake of garlic powder works too)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Frozen French Fries cut in to 1 in, pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown hamburger in a large skillet with the onions and garlic, mine started to dry out before it was nicely browned so I added some oil to it. Cut up the French fries until you have a little less then the amount of hamburger. Stir in chopped fires and cream of soup into the hamburger. Pour into casserole dish. (I couldn't think if a proper topping so I didn't put anything on top of it, instead I covered it with a glass lid) Bake in the oven until hot and bubbly, about 30min.

Well, there you go! Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment